Everyone has heard the normal ways of improving your memory, sure. There are some more unusual and fun ways to do it, though.
Although there are more standardized ways of learning and memorizing, I have found these to be entertaining and easy. Sometimes they can be frustrating because of their simplicity, but they make you remember things. So, enjoy these 9 ways to improve your memory:
- Don’t use bookmarks. When you read, try to memorize the page number. If you go back and have forgotten, you will be able to read bits and pieces so you catch up to where you were.
- Guess. If you’re wrong, it’s ingrained more, and if you’re right, you’re on a roll.
- Memorize license plates. As cars are speeding by, try to remember the plates. This may come in handy when you really need it, too.
- Live on the edge. Make the situation either dangerous or risque (or just pretend it is) to get your heart pumping. In higher states of awareness you’re more likely to remember the events.
- Use your non-dominant hand. By using your other hand you will notice things more and won’t take it for granted as much. This way, you’re exercising the other half of your brain, too.
- Use triggers. Have another object, emotion, sound, or thought cue your memory. If you want to remember a series of names, try playing a specific song with each one. Then, when you go to recall the names, play each song and it will bring the memory back.
- Play. Games like Simon Says will help your memory a lot, and they’re fun!
- The rule of 3. Repeat whatever it is you want to remember three times. If you’re just meeting a person say, “Robert, hello. It’s nice to meet you, Robert, I’ve heard so much about you. Tell me Robert, what do you do for a living?”
- Relate it. Find something to relate with the object. For instance, if you’re trying to remember someone’s birthday, break down the numbers. If they were born on 3/24 then remember they are the third child in their family, and they love the show 24.
So try to remember all of these ways to improve your memory in a memorable way. Good luck.Now go own the world.
Be the first to know how to own the world: Subscribe via e-mail or RSS feed.